Diesel Fleet Mechanic/DOT "Toledo"
Northwood, OH "Toledo"
August 15, 2023
Diesel Fleet Mechanic – Wales Shop “Northwood, OH”
Our world-class maintenance team assures our transport equipment is active and efficient. We care for the life-cycle of our fleet - scheduled refurbishing, cycling out, and replacing our older equipment. We have 30 complete maintenance facilities for our 2600 fleet. We offer Mechanic/Welders who join our team competitive wages and union benefits.
Monday through Friday. Saturdays overtime. Shift: 9:00am-5:30pm.
$32.87 per hour, plus .20c/hour additional for each ASE certification. $1,000 tool allowance in December of each year.
Essential Functions of Diesel Fleet Mechanic:
• Knowledge and/or ability to diagnose, repair service and maintain our heavy duty trucks and trailers - suspension/hydraulic system, air brake systems.
• Perform inspections on equipment; report mechanical issues and problems to shop management.
• Communicate effectively to ensure efficient repair and diesel fleet mechanic performance.
• Ensure parts inventory is adequate to meet repair needs, or report as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time | Pay: From $32.87 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 1 year
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Northwood, OH 43619: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• Do you posses your own tools?
• Diesel engine repair: 1 year (Required)
• Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Required)
• Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person