Yard Supervisor "Mesquite"
Type of Job
Non- Union -Full-Time
May 19, 2021, 4:00:00 AM
About the job
The preferred candidate will embody an exemplary work ethic, patience with employee questions/concerns, experience in decision making, and will abide to operating procedures, upholding contracts, and disciplining employees. This position requires a strong willed, experienced person in managing personnel.
Manage day to day activities of Yard employees; perform various administrative duties in support of this function.
• Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity
• Ensure compliance with customer guidelines and requirements
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels to effectively satisfy productivity goals and expectations
• Prepare inventory for loading; build loads
• Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
• Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold
• Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 2-4 years' relevant management experience in a union environment
• Management experience in the auto transport industry preferred
• Working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office
• Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
• Excellent employee and labor relations skills
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills