Yard Supervisor "Claycomo"
Type of Job
About the job
The preferred candidate will embody an exemplary work ethic, patience with employee concerns/concerns, experience in decision making, abiding to operating procedures, upholding contract, and disciplining employees. This position requires a strong willed, experienced person in managing personnel.
Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity
Ensure compliance with customer guidelines and requirements
Ensure appropriate staffing levels to effectively satisfy productivity goals and expectations
Prepare inventory for loading; build loads
Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed
Physical Abilities and Work Environment
Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold
Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'
Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2-4 years' relevant management experience in a union environment
- Management experience in the auto transport industry preferred
- Working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office
- Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent employee and labor relations skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills