Yard Supervisor "Arlington"
Type of Job
July 8, 2022, 5:00:00 AM
About the job
The preferred candidate will embody an exemplary work ethic, patience with employee concerns/concerns, experience in decision making; abiding to operating procedures, upholding contract and disciplining employees. This position requires a strong willed, experienced person in managing personnel.
There is no set schedule at this time so all applicant must be willing and open to working any and all shifts.
Manage day to day activities of Yard employees; perform various administrative duties in support of this function.
• Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity
• Ensure compliance with customer guidelines and requirements
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels to effectively satisfy productivity goals and expectations
• Prepare inventory for loading; build loads
• Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
• Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold
• Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 2-4 years' relevant management experience in a union environment
• Management experience in the auto transport industry preferred
• Working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office
• Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
• Excellent employee and labor relations skills
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills