Type of Job
About the job
The preferred candidate will embody an exemplary work ethic, patience with employee concerns/concerns, experience in decision making, abiding to operating procedures, upholding contract and disciplining employees. This position requires a strong willed, experienced person in managing personnel.
There is no set schedule at this time so all applicants must be willing and open to working any and all shifts.
* Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity
* Ensure compliance with customer guidelines and requirements
* Ensure appropriate staffing levels to effectively satisfy productivity goals and expectations
* Prepare inventory for loading; build loads
* Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed
* High school graduate or equivalent
* 2-4 years' relevant management experience in a union environment
* Management experience in the auto transport industry preferred
* Working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office
* Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
* Excellent employee and labor relations skills
* Excellent time management and prioritization skills