Arlington, TX, USA
Type of Job
Non- Union -Full-Time
About the job
The preferred candidate will embody an exemplary work ethic, patience with employee concerns/concerns, experience in decision making; abiding to operating procedures, upholding contract and disciplining employees. This position requires a strong willed, experienced person in managing personnel.
Manage day to day activities of Yard employees; perform various administrative duties in support of this function.
* Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity
* Ensure compliance with customer guidelines and requirements
* Ensure appropriate staffing levels to effectively satisfy productivity goals and expectations
* Prepare inventory for loading; build loads
* Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed
Physical Abilities and Work Environment
Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold
Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'
Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products
High school graduate or equivalent
2-4 years' relevant management experience in a union environment
Management experience in the auto transport industry preferred
Working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office
Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
Excellent employee and labor relations skills
Excellent time management and prioritization skills