Quality Supervisor "Wayne"
Type of Job
November 14, 2022 at 6:00:00 PM
About the job
This is an entry level position, assisting in driving our quality and safety programs and processes at the Terminal level; assist with building and dispatching loads and load make-up and processes, as needed.
Work week will be Monday through Friday with an 8 hour shift (occasional Saturdays as needed). The 8 hour shift will fall somewhere between the hours of 6am and 4pm.
• Work in collaboration with Terminal Managers and Risk Management to ensure employees are properly trained, have the necessary quality and safety resources, and comply with company policies
• Assist with audits of the yard/driver/rail operations daily; provide one-on-one advice and assistance as needed to ensure safe and quality outcomes; ensure compliance with Load Factor and Load Efficiency standards
• Assist with monitoring cargo and injury claims; analyze causes; report trends; provide recommendations for safety enhancements
• Assist with investigation of accidents, injuries, and damage claims, report incidents to Terminal Management and Risk Management in a timely manner.
• Assist with ensuring OSHA and DOT regulation compliance, as applicable.
• Identify risk factors; report to management; provide recommendations for resolution.
• Provide timely, professional customer service.
• Provide required reports in a timely manner.
• High school graduate or equivalent, bachelor's degree preferred
• 2+ years relevant supervisory experience.
• 2+ years’ experience in quality assurance and safety preferred.
• Solid understanding of Load Factor and Load Efficiency standards at Jack Cooper
• Superior understanding of DOT/OHSA regulations, as applicable
• Working knowledge of company equipment for purposes of training and evaluating processes
• Ability to effectively and positively relate to employees and management.
• Excellent leadership, customer service, and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Working knowledge of computers and programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook