Quality Safety Supervisor "Kentucky Truck Plant, KTP"
Type of Job
January 7, 2022, 6:00:00 AM
About the job
Drive quality and safety programs and processes at the Terminal level; assist with building and dispatching loads and load make-up and processes, as needed.
• Work in collaboration with Terminal managers and Risk Management to ensure employees are properly trained, have the necessary quality and safety resources, and comply with company policies
• Audit Yard and rail operations daily; provide one-on-one advice and assistance as needed to ensure safe and quality outcomes; ensure compliance with Load Factor and Load Efficiency standards
• Monitor cargo and injury claims; analyze causes; report trends; provide recommendations for safety enhancements
• Fully investigate accidents, injuries, and damage claims, report incidents to Terminal management and Risk Management in a timely manner.
• Ensure OSHA and DOT regulation compliance, as applicable.
• Identify risk factors; report to management; provide recommendations for resolution.
• Provide timely, professional customer service.
• Provide required reports in a timely manner.
• High school graduate or equivalent, bachelor's degree preferred
• 5 - 7 years relevant work experience
• 3 or more years' experience in quality assurance and safety; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Solid understanding of Load Factor and Load Efficiency standards at Jack Cooper
• Superior understanding of DOT/OHSA regulations, as applicable
• Working knowledge of company equipment for purposes of training and evaluating processes
• Ability to relate to employees and management effectively and positively.
• Excellent leadership, customer service, and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Working knowledge of computers and programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook