Type of Job
Non - Union - Full - Time
April 2, 2021, 4:00:00 AM
About the job
• Develop and maintain models for logistics uses; cost estimating or demand forecasting.
• Manage database of logistics information, clean and analyze, update as needed.
• Generate database logics and queries to preprocess model information and aid in automating the process.
• Interpret logistics elements, such as; availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, distribution, inventory management, or transportation.
• Create matrix to manage current customer volume and prospective customers.
• Adjust and tune models to affect current business needs, including adding additional optimization parameters.
• Prepare OEM reports on logistics performance measures.
• Apply data analysis to customer specific, logistic performance reporting.
• Collaborate with management on determining ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency and/or minimize cost.
• Create reports and maps referenced by dispatchers to advise drivers on expedited logistics.
• Monitor the flow of vehicles/products, using web-based logistics information system.
• Provide excellent customer service to include assisting customers with questions, RFI/RFQ status updates, rate requests, etc.
• Create capacity drainage zone to pair customer areas and improve the load building process.
• Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
• Cross train with other team members to provide backup support, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science, logistics, transportation, or IT related field of study or an equivalent combination of directly related experience and training
· Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office
· Strong data management skills in MS SQL Server, BI tools, and MS Access is required
· Familiarity with mathematical optimization tools such as Gurobi or I2 optimization tools
· Ability to effectively manage time, projects and prioritize appropriately
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
· Sound knowledge of OEM policies and procedures
· Expertise in data management skills a plus
· Strong knowledge of national geography
· Self-starter and ability to work with little supervision
· Excellent customer service, communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to travel as needed
· A strong desire to make an impactful difference at the company level
· Other duties as assigned