Diesel Fleet Mechanic / Non-DOT / Avon Lake
Sheffield Village, OH
Type of Job
January 13, 2022, 6:00:00 AM
About the job
Our world-class maintenance team assures our transport equipment is active and efficient. We care for the life-cycle of our fleet--scheduled refurbishing, cycling out and replacing our older equipment. We have 30 complete maintenance facilities for our 2600 fleet. We offer Mechanic/Welders who join our team, competitive wages and union benefits.
Essential Functions of Diesel Fleet Mechanic:
• Maintain our fleet of trucks, diagnosing and repairing class 8 trucks (heavy duty).
• Communicate effectively to ensure efficient repair and diesel fleet mechanic performance.
• Inspect equipment; report mechanical issues and problems to shop management.
• Ensure parts inventory is adequate to meet repair needs, or report as necessary.
• Diagnosing and Repair Engines (1 year preferred)
• Suspension/Hydraulic Systems (1 year preferred)
• Air Brake Systems on Class A Trucks (1 year preferred)
• Welding (1 year preferred)
• Medical, dental, vision plan for the employee and family.
• Union Pension
• Life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• Sick Pay
Requirements of Diesel Fleet Mechanic:
• Must possess basic mechanic tools as required to work on class 8 trucks (heavy duty).
• Valid driver's license; CDL preferred.
• Must meet the medical requirements specified by DOT/MOT, as applicable.