Class A Shuttle Drivers "Arlington"
Type of Job
Union - Full-Time
July 1, 2021, 4:00:00 AM
About the job
New to carhaul? This is the perfect gateway! Better pay, less time away from home, and invaluable professional driving experience.
Class A Shuttle Drivers shuttle vehicles from the manufacturer to the up fitter or to the railyard within a quarter mile of our terminal.
Union wages and benefits with no carhaul experience necessary!
$3.01 per unit moved and $12.04 per load.
For more information please call Driver Recruiting at 800-569-5201.
• Must be at least 20 years old
• A minimum of two (2) years verifiable tractor/trailer driving experience
• Applicant must possess a valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with air brakes endorsement
• Must list all licenses held in the last five years on the employment application
• Must possess the skills to drive a vehicle safely and to pass a commercial driver's road test
• Applicant must complete applications listing addresses, phone numbers for a previous three- year work history without date gaps including unemployed or self-employed references. If the driver was driving before the last three years, indicate the driving history for the last 10 years
• Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen in compliance with Federal Regulations. Driver must comply with the federally mandated random drug and alcohol testing regulations
• Must read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public
• Must be familiar with Section 395 of the FMCSR (Hours of Service)
• Must meet all requirements within Section 391 of the FMCSR. Section 391 includes but is not limited to:
• Motor vehicle record
• Background check with previous employer(s)
• Road test
• Medical Certification
• Certification of Violation and Annual Review
• Request for information from previous employer on alcohol and controlled substance testing
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
• Applicant must have the physical capability of working outside loading or unloading vehicles in all types of weather
• Physical agility may include but is not limited to walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
• Visual acuity may include but is not limited to close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color, etc.