Kansas City, MO
Type of Job
Full Time (Non Exempt)
January 9, 2023 at 5:00:00 PM
About the job
• Manage route/table software to provide comparison of carrier movement to revenue
• Ensure timely shipment status data to customers
• Provide training and inventory control support to the Terminals as required, answer/troubleshoot reporting questions.
• Work collaboratively with AR department to insure accurate cash application
• Provide oversight to the invoicing process to ensure earned receivables are billed per customer requirements
• Working closely with customers, researching, identifying, and resolving issues. Provide guidance/feedback.
• Lead, manage and develop direct reports fairly and equitably, in accordance with Jack Cooper’s policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; providing coaching, counseling, and feedback; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues or conflicts; direct and effective communication; and building an effective team dynamic to achieve maximum employee productivity and engagement
• Collaborate with Human Resources, as appropriate, to facilitate legal compliance, and fairness and consistency of treatment of employees across the organization.
• High school graduate or equivalent plus 8 or more years’ directly related work experience including two or more years of management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or related field of study preferred
• ETYMS or VTIMS experience not required but preferred
• Must have a willingness and ability to learn and help to develop new processes and tools.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. This is a position that requires a significant amount of time in MS Excel; a high degree of MS Excel proficiency, formulas such as VLOOKUP, IF/THEN statements, creation of pivot tables, for example, is preferred
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to transition tasks quickly
• Previous collections experience
• General accounting or bookkeeping background preferred