Yard Casual "Fort Wayne"
Fort Wayne, IN
Type of Job
Union - Part-Time
November 2, 2021, 5:00:00 AM
About the job
Casual Yard Employee At Our Fort Wayne, IN Terminal
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM! WE HAVE THE STABILITY AND LONGEVITY IN A CAREER FOR YOU!
Yard Casual Employees perform day-to-day yard/rail activities and assist in inventory needs related to assisting in loads. This position has the potential to open the door for a full-time yard employee with benefits in the future.
This position is On Call/As Needed/Various Hours/Shifts/Days -
This is a on-call position with no set hours or set days. Work is on an "as needed" basis
• Assist on any yard/rail needs and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Aid in locating and adjusting loads as required per yard/rail needs.
• Maintain clean, orderly yard/rail area.
• Report any vehicle damages or safety concerns appropriately.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
• Must be able to work in tight, confined spaces.
• Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace work environment.
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing.
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close-up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color.
• Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'.
• Manual dexterity.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and availability. required, all shifts
• Must be willing to be assist in any capacity and provide customer service in all facets.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Basic knowledge/ability to use computers/hand scanners.