Yard Supervisor "Fort Wayne"
Fort Wayne, IN
August 30, 2023
NOW HIRING AT OUR FORT WAYNE TERMINAL
This is a mixed shift position - Monday and Tuesday 6:00 p.m.- 6:00 a.m. and Friday and Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with rotating Sundays.
The preferred candidate will embody an exemplary work ethic, patience with employee concerns/concerns, experience in decision making, abiding to operating procedures, upholding contract and disciplining employees. This position requires a strong willed, experienced person in managing personnel.
Manage day to day activities of Yard employees; perform various administrative duties in support of this function.
• Provide hands-on supervision of employee work assignments to ensure maximum, quality productivity.
• Ensure compliance with customer guidelines and requirements.
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels to effectively satisfy productivity goals and expectations.
• Prepare inventory for loading; build loads.
• Identify yard and equipment maintenance needs; initiate repair process, as needed.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing.
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color.
• Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold
• Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS AT THE TERMINAL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE CALL OUR RECRUITING LINE AT 1-800-569-5201. THANK YOU.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 10 hour shift
• Evening shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekends as needed
• Are you able to work outside in all weather conditions?
• Do you have working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office? Do you have a basic understanding of Excel?
• Do you have experience in a supervisory/management role?
• This is a first shift position Monday-Friday, with availability to work overtime on the weekends. Are you able to work overtime on the weekend?
• Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screening
• Must have valid driver's license
• Working knowledge of computers and software to include Microsoft Office, SPECIFICALLY BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF EXCEL.
• 2-4 years' relevant management experience in a union environment
• Management experience in the auto transport industry preferred.
• Excellent management, supervisory and leadership skills
• Excellent employee and labor relations skills
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills