Yard Casual "Fort Wayne"
Fort Wayne, IN
November 2, 2021
Casual Yard Employee At Our Fort Wayne, IN Terminal
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM! WE HAVE THE STABILITY AND LONGEVITY IN A CAREER FOR YOU!
Yard Casual Employees perform day-to-day yard/rail activities and assist in inventory needs related to assisting in loads. This position has the potential to open the door for a full-time yard employee with benefits in the future.
This position is On Call/As Needed/Various Hours/Shifts/Days -
This is a on-call position with no set hours or set days. Work is on an "as needed" basis
• Assist on any yard/rail needs and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Aid in locating and adjusting loads as required per yard/rail needs.
• Maintain clean, orderly yard/rail area.
• Report any vehicle damages or safety concerns appropriately.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
• Must be able to work in tight, confined spaces.
• Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace work environment.
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing.
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close-up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color.
• Ability to work effectively at heights up to 50'.
• Manual dexterity.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and availability. required, all shifts
• Must be willing to be assist in any capacity and provide customer service in all facets.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Basic knowledge/ability to use computers/hand scanners.