On-Site Vehicle Inspector "Richmond, VA"
August 15, 2023
The On-Site Vehicle Inspector performs on-site vehicle damage inspections and prepares applicable documents and reports related to those inspections.
The shift will be Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. Could also be 7:30am to 4:30pm according to customer needs. Saturdays are occasional. The pay range is $16 to $17.50 an hour.
• On-Site Vehicle Damage Inspector will perform vehicle inspections according to established protocols
• Document damage and previous repair
• Take damage photos and complete photo array per customer requirements
• Meet productivity and quality standards
• Create condition reports
• Review condition reports with customers and apply edits according to the agreed upon charges, when applicable
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
• Physical agility to include, but may not be limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, pushing, pulling, stretching, climbing and balancing
• Visual acuity, including but may not be limited to, close up and distance, peripheral sight, ability to discern color
• Work effectively in an environment with potential loud noise, extreme heat or cold, fire or explosion
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to work around fumes and petroleum products
Essential Core Values
Our values are the foundation to the culture on which we develop people and deliver results at Jack Cooper. Our values – excellence, integrity, innovation & imagination, longevity, and responsibility- unify us and inform how we work together as a team and how we interact with external stakeholders.
As a member of the Jack Cooper team, the On-Site Vehicle Inspector must support and maintain a positive culture by upholding Jack Cooper’s values, vision, mission, policies and procedures during the course of daily work performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.50 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekends as needed
• Do you have a strong working knowledge of vehicle body repair? If so, please elaborate.
• Are you willing to work outdoors for an 8 hour shift?
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• vehicle inspection or auto body repair: 1 year (Preferred)
• Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
• High school graduate or equivalent and two or more years of experience as a vehicle damage inspector; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Proficient in the use of computers and programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Availability to wok extended hours, days or weekends as required
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge and understanding of vehicle body repair
• Valid driver’s license
• Available to travel off-site as needed